The Commercial Manager will explore new avenues of activity and will seek out opportunities to help the company achieve its longer-term growth plans. They will unearth, control and co-ordinate applications for High Value NHS and Private Healthcare Contracts and Tenders for the supply of Class III medical devices.
- Reporting directly to the Company Director and CEO.
- Understand the strategic direction of the NHS, private sector, and the Department of Health to ensure JRI’s commercial strategy is aligned accordingly.
- To track up-and-coming tenders and contracts, ensuring JRI Orthopaedics are well positioned and timely in their approach.
- Present and negotiate high value contracts and tenders with NHS Trusts and all private healthcare groups including BMI, Spire, Ramsay, and Nuffield.
- To work with other key members of the business such as marketing, product managers and other senior manager to ensure key opportunities are converted into successful contract awards.
- To assist in the development and execution JRI Orthopaedics commercial pricing strategy, value creation and differentiation across all business segments including hips, knees, shoulder, and biologics.
- To forge key stakeholder relationships at all levels including senior colleagues within the organisation, key opinion leaders and senior managers within the NHS and private sector healthcare organisations
- To monitor current pricing against contractual volume and to communicate effectively with hospital’s procurement of any adjustment.
- Manage consignment and loans policy to ensure efficient turnover and return on investment.
- To create bundle deals and value proposition for the commercial contracts and maintain profitability.
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree level, or equivalent, ideally within a scientific or business related field.
- Gained first-hand exposure to the NHS Supply Chain, Hospital Tender, CPP or TOS Processes.
- Experienced in managing Tender & contract negotiations with NHS and Private Sector organisations.
- Understands where to look and how to gain market intelligence about up and coming tenders and contracts.
- Commercially astute; creative in their approach to putting together mutually beneficial agreements/ deals/ bundles.
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with senior stakeholders across the spectrum of purchasing stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.