Tribofit Hip System
Designed to Mimic Nature Using the Science of Tribology.
The Tribofit hip system provides a hip replacement that is designed to mimic the fluid film lubrication between the acetabulum and the femoral head. The acetabular buffer is manufactured from a hydrophilic material, polycarbonate urethan (PCU) providing a bearing surface which attracts fluid and helps establish and maintain a continuous fluid film between the buffer and femoral head.
Features and Benefits
- 0% Revision rate (after 4 years)*
- Reproduces the tribological function of the natural joint
- Low wear rates
- Designed to replicate human cartilage
- Shock absorbing
- Uses enhanced lubrication
- Decreased friction between the buffer and head
- Increased stability of the joint
- Improved range of motion