Securus Revision System
Securus Revision Hip System
Revision hip surgery represents a significant challenge to surgeons and can have a major impact on a hospital’s budget.
The Securus revision system has been designed to help meet those challenges. It’s range of femoral prostheses and the instrumentation have been designed to provide a versatile, easy to use and a cost effective solution that’s appropriate for the majority of femoral stem revisions.
STEP technique and stable distal targeting jig, which locks securely into the distal stem, ensure that reproducible location of distal locking holes
Features and Benefits
- Cost effective – The concise component range keeps inventory to a minimum.
- Furlong pedigree – The Securus design is based on the Furlong H-A.C. stem design, which has proven to be successful in both primary and revision surgery.
- Concise instrumentation – The system consists of six trays of instrumentation, simplifying the operative procedure and keeping sterilisation and processing costs to a minimum.
- Accurate distal locking – STEP technique and the stable targeting jig (which locks securely into the stem) helps ensure a reproducible location of distal locking holes
- Full interchangeability of modular components – Any of the proximal bodies can be used with any of the distal stems, maximising the opportunity to accommodate mismatches between metaphyseal and diaphyseal dimensions
- Anteversion adjustment – Modular components allow for unlimited anteversion adjustment to match patient anatomy. The monobloc components have 10° anteversion built in.
- Anatomically bowed distal stems – All of the distal stems have an A-P anatomical bow with a 1.2m radius of curvature to follow the anatomical bow of the femur.
- Fully hydroxyapatite ceramic coated – All of the proximal bodies are Supravit Zoned coated and the distal stems are Supravit coated, providing the optimal conditions for bone in-growth and long term biological fixation of the implant.
|Modular Proximal Bodies||Modular Distal Stems||Monobloc Stems|
|Standard and +5mm offset||250mm and 300mm total lengths bowed||250mm length|
|133° neck angle||250mm length, distal stem diameters: 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 15mm, 16mm, 17mm and 18mm||Bowed, 10° left and right anteversion|
|Sizes equivalent to 13mm, 14mm, 15mm and 16mm Furlong H-A.C stems||300mm length, distal stem diameters: 13mm, 14mm, 15mm, 16mm, 17mm and 18mm||133° neck angle|
|Two body types, standard and ELS (Extended Lateral Shoulder)||Two distal holes for locking screws in the 250mm stem and three distal holes in the 300mm stem||Standard and +5mm offset|
|Sizes equivalent to 11mm and 12mm Furlong H-A.C stems|
|Reduced lateral shoulder|