Human Resource Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Human Resource Manager is the go-to person for all employee-related issues. The HR Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing all the appropriate policies that constitute our employee handbook. The incumbent is also responsible for the management of our recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training and development procedures in order to providing an effective HR service and support to the overall business. Promoting our corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of the role.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that are aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary to drive performance and mitigate disputes. Maintain the employee handbook.
- Work closely with all managers and advise them on the terms and conditions of employment. Share knowledge and best practise with them.
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Administer payroll and related benefits in kind including Pension, Health Insurance etc.
- Maintain comprehensive employee records.
- Mange the recruitment, selection and induction process.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Maintain the absence management system.
- Provide concise, relevant, accurate and timely management information and reports to the business.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager, ideally holding CIPD level 5.
- In depth understanding of employment law and HR best practise.
- Is visible, builds relationships, shares information, influences people and gets things done.
- Is focused on success; sets clear and challenging goals, pushes self and others for results, ensures work is completed on time, maintains high standard of work without supervision.
- Excellent active listening, negotiations and communications skills.
- Operates with integrity and is trusted