Securus Revision System
Securus Revision Hip System
Revision hip surgery represents a significant challenge to surgeons and can have a major impact on a hospital’s budget.
The Securus revision system has been designed to help meet those challenges. It’s range of femoral prostheses and the instrumentation have been designed to provide a versatile, easy to use and a cost effective solution that’s appropriate for the majority of femoral stem revisions.
Features and Benefits
- Cost effective – The concise component range keeps inventory to a minimum.
- Furlong pedigree – The Securus design is based on the Furlong H-A.C. stem design, which has proven to be successful in both primary and revision surgery.
- Concise instrumentation – The system consists of six trays of instrumentation, simplifying the operative procedure and keeping sterilisation and processing costs to a minimum.
- Accurate distal locking – STEP technique and the stable targeting jig (which locks securely into the stem) helps ensure a reproducible location of distal locking holes
- Full interchangeability of modular components – Any of the proximal bodies can be used with any of the distal stems, maximising the opportunity to accommodate mismatches between metaphyseal and diaphyseal dimensions
- Anteversion adjustment – Modular components allow for unlimited anteversion adjustment to match patient anatomy. The monobloc components have 10° anteversion built in.
- Anatomically bowed distal stems – All of the distal stems have an A-P anatomical bow with a 1.2m radius of curvature to follow the anatomical bow of the femur.
- Fully hydroxyapatite ceramic coated – All of the proximal bodies are Supravit Zoned coated and the distal stems are Supravit coated, providing the optimal conditions for bone in-growth and long term biological fixation of the implant.
|Modular Proximal Bodies||Modular Distal Stems||Monobloc Stems|
|Standard and +5mm offset||250mm and 300mm total lengths bowed||250mm length|
|133° neck angle||250mm length, distal stem diameters: 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 15mm, 16mm, 17mm and 18mm||Bowed, 10° left and right anteversion|
|Sizes equivalent to 13mm, 14mm, 15mm and 16mm Furlong H-A.C stems||300mm length, distal stem diameters: 13mm, 14mm, 15mm, 16mm, 17mm and 18mm||133° neck angle|
|Two body types, standard and ELS (Extended Lateral Shoulder)||Two distal holes for locking screws in the 250mm stem and three distal holes in the 300mm stem||Standard and +5mm offset|
|Sizes equivalent to 11mm and 12mm Furlong H-A.C stems|
|Reduced lateral shoulder|